Columbus Day is a U.S. holiday celebrated on October 12 commemorating the landing of Christopher Columbus in the Americas in 1492. Over the last few decades however, this celebration has faced serious controversy due to Christopher Columbus’ various horrific acts against Native Americans throughout his life as an explorer. Because of this, many places in California, New York, Minnesota, Colorado, and more have transformed this holiday into Indigenous People’s Day. This day no longer has to be a painful reminder, but a positive symbol of how we’ve progressed and evolved. So, if you’re one of the lucky people who don’t have work today, now’s your chance to educate yourself on Native American culture and learn more about the origins of our nation!
Click here to read full article: U.S. Columbus Day
CFP® Subscription Financial Planning
At OakCrest we’re continually trying to be at the forefront of planning for our clients. We assist our clients:
- To become organized with our digital financial planning tools,
- Stay on track towards their goals for retirement, college or buying a home,
- Aggregate and see all their financial accounts in one place,
- Comprehensive approach to investment management,
- And receive monthly economic updates with OakCrest Insight.