We have all seen the heartbreaking stories about people dying in hospitals from Covid-19 without family present. And, we’ve heard about the tragic decisions healthcare workers must make when time and resources are spread thin. Compounding these sad situations is that often the person who can speak for the individual suffering from Covid-19 is not present because of hospital procedures designed to prevent contagion.
On the legal front, these situations call for medically related documents such as living wills and medical powers of appointment. If you’re worried about the consequences of catching Covid-19, you would typically create an advanced directive, a medical Power of Attorney, and HIPAA releases to those you want to have access to your medical information. These documents are intended to both state your medical care wishes and indicate who can make medical decisions for you if you’re not able to.
Click here to read full article: If You Lose It, Don’t Lose It: Financial Powers Of Attorney In A Covid-19 World
CFP® Subscription Financial Planning
At OakCrest we’re continually trying to be at the forefront of planning for our clients. We assist our clients:
- To become organized with our digital financial planning tools,
- Stay on track towards their goals for retirement, college or buying a home,
- Aggregate and see all their financial accounts in one place,
- Comprehensive approach to investment management,
- And receive monthly economic updates with OakCrest Insight.